Terms of Service
Smart Atoms Limited (“Smart Atoms,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) welcomes you. We are really excited that you have decided to access and use our website located at www.lametric.com(“Site”).
1. Smart Atoms's site
We are the premier provider of LaMetric, a smart ticker that tracks what's important to you.
You are responsible for obtaining access to the Site, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Site.
2. License and site access
We grant you a limited license to access the Site for personal use. This license does not include any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another vendor or any other third party; caching, unauthorized hypertext links to the Site and the framing of any Content (defined below) available through the Site, uploading, posting, or transmitting any content that you do not have a right to make available (such as the intellectual property of another party); uploading, posting, or transmitting any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. You may not bypass any measures used by us to prevent or restrict access to the Site. Any unauthorized use by you shall terminate the permission or license we grant to you.
3. Eligibility and representations
You are not permitted to access the Site if you are under the age of 18 or if we remove or suspend your account for any reason. By accessing and using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United Kingdom or any other applicable jurisdiction.
4. Community guidelines
Our online community, like any community, functions best when its members follow a few simple rules. By accessing and/or using the Site, you hereby agree to comply with these community rules and that:
- You will not send Smart Atoms any hazardous materials;
- You will not use the Site for any unlawful purpose, including money laundering;
- You will not post or send Smart Atoms false or misleading information;
- Other than sending Smart Atoms information in accordance with this Agreement, you will not use the Site to engage in any commercial activities, including, without limitation, raising money; advertising or promoting a product, service, or company; or engaging in any pyramid or other multi-tiered marketing scheme;
- You will not access or use the Site to collect any market research for a competing business;
- You will not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Site any User Content (as defined below) that:
- is confidential, proprietary, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, unlawful, harmful, threatening, false, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, profane, abusive, harassing, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, including, but not limited to any content that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violates the rights of any party or otherwise gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any applicable UK or foreign laws;
- may contain software viruses or malware;
- contains advertisements or solicitations of any kind, or other commercial content;
- contains personal information (such as messages that include phone numbers, Social Security numbers, payment card numbers, account numbers, addresses or employer references), except where Smart Atoms expressly asks you to provide such information;
- contains messages by non-spokesperson employees of Smart Atoms purporting to speak on behalf of Smart Atoms or containing confidential information or expressing opinions concerning Smart Atoms;
- contains messages that offer unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted, confidential or private information;
- contains multiple messages placed within individual folders by the same user restating the same point;
- contains chain letters of any kind; or
- contains identical (or substantially similar) messages to multiple recipients advertising any product or service, expressing a political or other similar message, or any other type of unsolicited commercial message; this prohibition includes but is not limited to (a) using the invitation functionality that may be available on the Site to send messages to people who do not know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; (b) using the Site to connect to people who do not know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; or (c) sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases or group aliases. You will not “stalk” or otherwise harass another;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- You will not cover, obscure, block, or in any way interfere with any advertisements and/or safety features (e.g., report abuse button) on the Site;
- You will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in Smart Atoms’s sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Smart Atoms’s technical infrastructure;
- You will not use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download or scrape data from the Site, except for Internet search engines (e.g., Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g., archive.org) that comply with Smart Atoms’s robots.txt file;
- You will not use any automated device or software that enables the submission of automatic postings on the Site without human intervention or authorship, including, without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device in connection with bulk postings or for automatic submission of postings at certain times or intervals; and
- You will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Site through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Site through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means.
Please let us know about inappropriate content. If you find something that violates our community guidelines, let us know, and we will review it. We reserve the right, in our and absolute discretion, to deny you access to the Site, or any portion of the Site, without notice and remove any User Content that does not adhere to these guidelines.
5. The products; shipping; return policy
Product Availability and Pricing
Product prices may be inaccurately displayed on the Site due to system or typographical errors. While we make every attempt to avoid these errors, they may occur. We reserve the right to correct any and all errors when they do occur, and we do not honor inaccurate or erroneous prices. If you purchase a Product with a listed price that is lower than its actual price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you to notify you of the correct price before shipping the Product or cancel the order and notify you of such cancellation. If the order has been shipped, you agree to either return the Product or pay the difference between the actual and charged prices. Our prices are also subject to change without notice. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.
We do not negotiate prices on our Products and all our prices are final.
We make every attempt to ensure that our online catalog is as accurate and complete as possible. To give you the opportunity to view the Products in great detail, some Products may appear larger or smaller than their actual size in our photographs; and since every computer monitor is set differently, color and size may vary.
Our objective is to provide you with as much information and detail about your prospective purchase as possible so that you can get the details of a particular item.
In order to purchase Product(s), you must provide us with valid credit card information. By providing such information, you warrant and represent that (i) the information is valid and accurate, (ii) you are the owner or an authorized user of such credit card, and (iii) you are responsible for any and all charges made using such credit card information.
Products purchased by you will be shipped in accordance with our then current shipping policy. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Shipping price doesn’t include any customs duties, taxes, fees or any other country-specific charges.
We hope you love LaMetric, but if not, we will happily accept exchanges or returns for a complete refund, less original shipping costs, if postmarked within 30 days of receipt. Return policy works if you return the product with not-damaged and not used product, all accessories, package. Return policy works only for the original purchaser and only if product was purchased at www.lametric.com store. Product can not be returned and we do not offer refund if the product is bought at Kickstarter by backer as a reward.
6. Intellectual property
The Site contains material, such as software, text, graphics, images, sound recordings, audiovisual works, and other material provided by us or on our behalf (collectively referred to as the “Content”). The Content includes Product Descriptions. The Content is owned by us or by our third party licensors. The Content is protected under both United Kingdom and foreign laws. Unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You have no rights in or to the Content, and you will not use the Content except as permitted under this Agreement. No other use is permitted without our prior written consent. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content on any copy you make of the Content. You may not sell, transfer, assign, license, sublicense, or modify the Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, make a derivative version of, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use or posting of the Content on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is expressly prohibited.
If you violate any part of this Agreement, your permission to access and/or use the Content and the Site automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Content.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos of LaMetric (“Smart Atoms Trademarks”) used and displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of Smart Atoms. Other company, product, and service names used and displayed on the Site may be trademarks or service marks owned by others (the “Third-Party Trademarks,” and, collectively with the Smart Atoms Trademarks, the “Trademarks”). Nothing in this Agreement should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Trademarks, without our prior written permission specific for each such use. Use of the Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site is prohibited unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by us in writing. All goodwill generated from the use of the Smart Atoms Trademarks inures to our benefit.
Elements of the Site are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other state and federal laws and may not be copied or imitated, in whole or in part, by any means, including but not limited to the use of framing or mirrors. None of the Content may be retransmitted without our express, written consent for each and every instance.
7. Communications to Smart Atoms; user submissions; and publicity
The Site may provide you and other users with the ability to send messages or post content (together, "User Content") to or for other users and non-users. We are under no obligation to review any User Content and assume no responsibility or liability relating to any such User Content. Notwithstanding the above, we may from time to time monitor the User Content and may decline to accept and/or remove any User Content. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Content you submit through the Site, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such User Content.
8. Electronic communication
When you use the Site or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications electronically from us and our affiliates. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that are provided to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Although we encourage you to e-mail us, we do not want you to, and you should not, e-mail us any content that contains confidential information. With respect to all e-mails you send to us, including but not limited to, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, and the like, we shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, the development, production and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information, without compensation to you.
9. NO WARRANTIES/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
SMART ATOMS MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SITE OR, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY SMART ATOMS TO YOU ON A PRODUCT BY PRODUCT BASIS, ANY PRODUCTS. SMART ATOMS SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO LIABILITY FOR ANY DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS OF THE SITE FROM WHATEVER CAUSE. YOU AGREE THAT YOU USE THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE (THE “CONTENT”), AS WELL AS ALL PRODUCTS, AT YOUR OWN RISK.
SMART ATOMS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR ANY CONTENT ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR SIMILAR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, SMART ATOMS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
THE SITE, THE CONTENT AND, UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY SMART ATOMS TO YOU ON A PRODUCT BY PRODUCT BASIS, ALL PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. SMART ATOMS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
SMART ATOMS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU (OR TO ANY PERSON CLAIMING RIGHTS DERIVED FROM YOUR RIGHTS) FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, OR LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION) WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIMS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT. SMART ATOMS’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED THE LESSER OF THE FEES PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM, OR $100.
THE SITE AND/OR THE CONTENT MAY CONTAIN TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR OMISSIONS. SMART ATOMS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH TYPOGRAPHICAL OR TECHNICAL ERRORS. THE SITE AND/OR THE CONTENT MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION ON PRODUCTS WHICH ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN EVERY LOCATION OR WHICH ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE. A REFERENCE TO A PRODUCT ON THE SITE DOES NOT IMPLY THAT SUCH PRODUCT IS OR WILL BE AVAILABLE TO YOU. SMART ATOMS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES, CORRECTIONS, AND/OR IMPROVEMENTS TO THE SITE AND/OR ANY PRODUCT LISTING AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
10. External sites
The Site may contain links to third-party websites (“External Sites”). These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by us of the content on such External Sites. The content of such External Sites is developed and provided by others. You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or any content located on such External Sites. We are not responsible for the content of any linked External Sites and do not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such External Sites. You should take precautions when downloading files from all websites to protect your computer from viruses and other destructive programs. If you decide to access linked External Sites, you do so at your own risk.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our officers, directors, employees, successors, licensees, and assigns harmless from and against any claims, actions, or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from your breach of this Agreement, any of your transactions made through the Site, or your access to, use, or misuse of the Site, the Content, or any Product. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter that is subject to indemnification under this section. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting our defence of such matter.
12. Compliance with applicable laws
The Site is based in the United Kingdom. We make no claims concerning whether the Site or any Content may be downloaded, viewed, or be appropriate for use outside of the United Kingdom. We also make no claims concerning whether any Product is appropriate for sale outside of the United Kingdom. If you access the Site or the Content from outside of the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk. Whether inside or outside of the United Kingdom, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
14. Modification and notification of changes
15. Force majeure
16. Termination of the agreement
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate this Agreement and your access to the Site or any part thereof, at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Site at any time without prior notice or liability.
This Agreement is governed by the internal substantive laws of the London, without respect to its conflict of laws provisions. You expressly agree: (i) to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the courts sitting in the London; and (ii) that the Site shall be deemed passive and does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over us, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than London.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SITE, THE CONTENT, ANY PRODUCT, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR SMART ATOMS’S SERVICES MUST COMMENCED BY YOU WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction or terminated in accordance with the termination provision above, the invalidity or termination of such provision shall not affect the validity of the following provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect: “Intellectual Property,” “Communications to Smart Atoms; User Submissions; and Publicity,” “No Warranties/Limitation of Liability,” “Indemnification,” “Termination of the Agreement,” and “Miscellaneous.”
Our failure to act on or enforce any provision of the Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of that provision or any other provision in this Agreement. No waiver shall be effective against us unless made in writing, and no such waiver shall be construed as a waiver in any other or subsequent instance. Except as expressly agreed by Smart Atoms and you in writing, this Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between you and Smart Atoms with respect to the subject matter, and supersedes all previous or contemporaneous agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties with respect to the subject matter. The section headings are provided merely for convenience and shall not be given any legal import. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns, licensees, and sublicensees.
HOW TO CONTACT SMART ATOMS